Preparing purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have chose aquacon over live aquaria this time around has anybody orderd from aquacon? Pros/cons?

I have 4 skunk cleaners in the tank already and waa gunna purchase 2 true perculas.. Hoping ill get a small and big one.. Live aquaria doesnt have the purple firefish i would like to order so thats why i plan on going through aqua.. My dumb smartphone wouldlnt let me zoom in on the font of that thread so im not entirely sure if it was a bad purchase.. Anymore advise haha

I found their customer service lacking in some ways. They have a no giarantee on ALL shrimp, alot of fish and alot of other thigns they don't advertise right up front. I had 2 doa shrimp and cause I waited 3.5 hours to notify them they denied me a credit.

I just got my second order yesterday, and it was because I;ve been searching for a particular fish and they were the only ones who had it. The fish and corals I ordered came just fine. they do a great job of packaging by the way and their prices can be extremely cheap. BUT I;m still turned off by not knowing about the shrimp and other tings not being covered.

In my opinion, if you want a special fish only they have I would order it. But I would stay clear on the everyday normal stuff.

It took 5 days for them to contact me back about the dead shrimp too which in mu opinion is not business like. They dont' eve answer their phones either. another bad sign.

make sure you use a credit card in case of any issues so you have some protection.

I feel like ordering from them and even if a fish is not doa, just quickly take a picture of it on the table and quickly put it back in the tank to report it to them as a doa. Would it serve them right? Lol

So i placed my order just now.. Why so late you ask? Idk i was playing golf most the day.. Anywhoo back to the thread.. My 20 gl qt tank is empty of water n sand.. My question is in order for me to do this "right" i have to take my water from my DT and put it in my qt correct? Then a week or two i can transfer my fish into my dt? Via temp acclimate with bag THEN drip acclimte for a few hrs? Seems like a awwful lotta stress with each move.. Any tips ? Its not my first rodeo but it seems like i alwaya **** up somewherw in the acclimte part.. Which is why i also order a acclomate pro from dr foster n smitg BUT i dont think that will bet my fish here..

Nassarius snail didnt make it either.. Is it too late to about that? Pretty sure they have a 14 day guarantee?

Got me letter of apology from aquacon just now.. Evn though my purple firefish died as well this morning i dont see me ordering from them in the near future

Back
Top Bottom