Quarantine Tank Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pimp My Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My non quarantined YCG died of ich about four weeks ago, leaving my display tank empty. In about a week or two, I plan to try again except this time I'll quarantine my goby. I have a 10 gallon FOWLR and plan to set up a 10 gallon QT, but I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to Cycle my QT?

2. If I don't, how frequent would I have to change the water to maintain stable parameters?

3. What is a good amount of time to Quarantine the clown goby to make sure it is parasite free?

4. I currently have a bare bottom tank, heater, some terracotta pots, and an aqueon HOB filter. Do I need anything else?

5. If I am not running medication, should I put carbon in my filter?

Any help is appreciated!

My non quarantined YCG died of ich about four weeks ago, leaving my display tank empty. In about a week or two, I plan to try again except this time I'll quarantine my goby. I have a 10 gallon FOWLR and plan to set up a 10 gallon QT, but I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to Cycle my QT?

2. If I don't, how frequent would I have to change the water to maintain stable parameters?

3. What is a good amount of time to Quarantine the clown goby to make sure it is parasite free?

4. I currently have a bare bottom tank, heater, some terracotta pots, and an aqueon HOB filter. Do I need anything else?

5. If I am not running medication, should I put carbon in my filter?

Any help is appreciated!

1. Yes you should have a cycled qt tank. You can use some media from the dt to seed the qt.
2. Ammo and frites should be little to none.
3. 4 weeks is the minimum I qt as long as there are no signs of parasites/ich
4. That's all I use for my qt tank.
5. If you want carbon. I don't use anything but meds when needed.

Back
Top Bottom