Sexing Kaudern's Cardinalfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shoot! Thought it was some kinda scientific, induced, urging of development favoring one sex or the other. So dissappointing. That simple. Duh! :)

It's pretty hard to tell.
But in saying that- it's all in the jawline - females have a sharper jawline, and the males have a more rounded jawline (the males are mouth brooders).

Do some googling - there are some comparison images.

It's pretty hard to tell.
But in saying that- it's all in the jawline - females have a sharper jawline, and the males have a more rounded jawline (the males are mouth brooders).

Do some googling - there are some comparison images.

Ok ill do that thanks

I understood it was a behavioral trait rather than a physical trait. It was something about the way each fish interact with the other fish. I could be mistaken, but I think it was the dominant female that would bully the other fishes, and the fish she didnt attack were possible male mates.

I understood it was a behavioral trait rather than a physical trait. It was something about the way each fish interact with the other fish. I could be mistaken, but I think it was the dominant female that would bully the other fishes, and the fish she didnt attack were possible male mates.

I guess I would have at stare at them for days.

Back
Top Bottom