shy clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a pair of clowns on Sunday. Put them in the tank about 2pm. Only had the moon lights on for the evening. They kind of hid in the rocks for a while. Only came out when I put some food in the tank. But today, they are both in the back corner of the tank behind the rocks swimming from the bottom of the tank to the top. Not coming out to swim around at all. Just staying in the corner. In fact, they have churned up the sand from swimming up and down so much. Is this behavior normal when you first put clowns in your tank ? I also have a couple of chromis. When I bought them,within a few hours they had made themselves at home...

I bought a pair of clowns on Sunday. Put them in the tank about 2pm. Only had the moon lights on for the evening. They kind of hid in the rocks for a while. Only came out when I put some food in the tank. But today, they are both in the back corner of the tank behind the rocks swimming from the bottom of the tank to the top. Not coming out to swim around at all. Just staying in the corner. In fact, they have churned up the sand from swimming up and down so much. Is this behavior normal when you first put clowns in your tank ? I also have a couple of chromis. When I bought them,within a few hours they had made themselves at home...

This is common behavior. It took my ocellaris two months before it came out. Just keep an eye on it. Make sure its not gasping for breath, nauseously swimming (upside down, etc.), and is still eating.

Back
Top Bottom