Six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSum89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one but im having a bad feeling about him. Will my pencil urchin be okay with the 6 line wrasse in the aquarium, 55 gallon? And it won't harm any smaller fish, snails, crabs, anemones or shrimp i may add right? Hes not bothering anyone right now (2 clowns, peppermint shrimp and royal gramma)

With six lines nothing is for certain. I`ve seen mild mannered ones and I`ve seen mean ones. Just have to see how he does.

I have a six line wrasse (among other fish) in my 29G biocube with a collector urchin and don't have any issues. Like was said above it really is going to depend on your fish. Mine will have a little territory war with my royal gramma now and then, but that is more huffing and puffing than anything, never had mine go at it real bad or anything. I really don't see it picking on an urchin, but that's just me. I see you posted that he isn't bothering anyone, so just keep an eye on him, but I doubt he'll be a bad fish, only time will tell though.

Quick question, is it possible my wrasse killed my cleaner shrimp? I added them the same day, and found my cleaner shrimp dead 2 days later. I saw he was pecking at the shrimps dead body but im not sure if he killed it himself or if the shrimp died due to nitrates. My peppermint is still living, the 6line always swims by him and the peppermint shrimp hides.

Anything is possible, but I really doubt he killed it. I have a cleaner shrimp in with my six-line and I've never seen any issues. From my experience peppermint shrimp are just scared of everything :)

i have a pencil urchin and two six line wrasses,no problems

dwint said:
i have a pencil urchin and two six line wrasses,no problems

How are you keeping 2 6 lines in one tank? Are they mated or do you have a gigantic mammoth sized aquarium? I wanted another one but afraid they might fight and harass each other in my 55.

they are buddys,they don't leave each others side

Back
Top Bottom