snowflake eell compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
will a snowflake eel peacefully coexist with a
blue hippo tang
yellow tang
flame angel
false perc
b/g chromis (3)
royal gramma
i want to get one
i have a 90 gallon

Like any other fish/eel there is no way anyone can say with 100% certainty that they won't eat a tank mate. I can say that my SFE has never eaten pr bit any of my fish. He is in with a tank, 3 percs, pseudochromis and a ember blenny.
the SFE is more of a shrimp eater then a fish eater so I would say as long as you feed him the fish listed should be fine.

from what i know if you keep the eel well fed it can be in a community tank. I have my sfe with a royal gramma-clown-lion-coral beauty-and some more fish they are gettting a long fine your list looks like it can work Good luck

i have crabs said:
it will for shure eat the cromis,clowns and the gamma

you are wrong in that it will "for sure" eat those fish. It MIGHT, but most probably, will not.

You can also house them with a cleaner shrimp. They will form a symbotic relationship and the cleaner will frequently clean the eels mouth and the eel will willfully open wide to accept the services. However, there is a decent chance the eel will eat the cleaner, especially if the eel is not well fed.

I agree with seaham and hara.. Theres definately no certainty that it will eat the tankmates but chances are it wont..keeping it well fed is the number one priority IMO..

mine has never tried to eat my damsels or coral beauty. Besides he wouldn't try to come out of his hole to come and get them. They are too quick and he is too lazy.

Back
Top Bottom