what does to/di water mean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exactly is that process because I see Lot of people talking about it and I'm fairly new to the hobby . I currently have a thirty gallon sw n its been doing fine so far and hopefully it continues to stay that way eventually I plan on getting a 75gal when I move to reno

Ok thanks for that information. Is something like that a necessity or more of preference sort of item

Touchy subject to say the least,,,..When i first started i was all in,,spent tons of money on all the stuff..later on i discovered i had great tap water(TDS about 30)and started an algae scrubber a few years ago(google those too)....I don't have a reef,mainly because of the fish i want to keep,but, I've been using tap for a couple years and never looked back...I would test your tap first and go from there...I'm not saying to do one VS. the other ,,but i don't think its 100% necessary(there, i said it!:lol: )to have an RO/DI unit IF you have good tap,,few do,,but good tap is out there,,and i use it...

Ok cool because i used only tap water with he usual tap water conditioner and my fish have been doing fine

I would suggest using ro/di for reef. But if you have fish only now then go with tap to get started.

Back
Top Bottom