When to put more fish in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright so now that my refugium is up and running, when do you think I can start to add more fish? I mean it's got plenty of live rock in it and the tank has been running for almost 2 years with just one fish in it (which is because that darn wrasse doesn't want anything else in his territory)

First off, should I wait a while longer to add fish? I've only had most of the rock for a couple weeks so should I wait a bit longer?

As I've mentioned before countless times I do want an emporer angelfish, would it be alright to put one of those bad boys in right now? I've heard they require quite established live rock to snack on. It looks like I'm gonna have to order one online most likely because most of the LFS around here either won't order them or are such a terrible fish store I wouldn't trust them.

Steve

First off, should I wait a while longer to add fish? I've only had most of the rock for a couple weeks so should I wait a bit longer?

What are your water test showing. Any ammonia or nitrites? If it was going to spike I would think in a few weeks it would have started by now.

Na no ammonia what's so ever and the nitrite actually has gone back down to 0. I think the rock has finally been completely cured and since I have the refugium on there instead of that wet/dry my tank just appears over all better.

Did a 25% water change tonight so I'm thinking I might be ready very soon for the Emp angel! :)
And next time I'll be sure to quarentee the rock first before adding it directly into my tank.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom