29 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_cuties

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry for the repost, but I wasnt gfetting much help hin getting started. Tanks! (Get it, like thanks but tanks because its a fish tank? Sorry, lame fish pun.) Hello, I am stocking my new 29 gallon freshwater aquarium and need help deciding what fish to put in. I am looking to include neon tetras fancy guppies mystery snails fruit tetras,and a larger centerpiece fish that will not eat or harm the smaller fish. I also plan on having some algae eaters and bottom feeders.Does anyone have any suggestions on how many fish of each kind we can stock in this tank, along with what large fish will be good in this community? I like Killifish, dwarf cichlids, dwarf gouramis, pearl gouramis, and bosemans rainbow fish. I am running an ehiem classic 150 and tetra whisper air pump. PH is 7.2, ammonia 0 nitrites 15 nitrates temp 76-78.
The tank is now cycled. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :fish1:(y):thanks:

Hello, I'd be happy to help.
So here's. What I'd recommend.
Pick either the guppies or the neons if those are your favorite. You could put them together but they like different ph and water hardness . Since these fish can exhibit striking colors, it's best to keep them in water they like so you can see them look ridiculously colorful. If you were to keep the guppies would you want them to breed? Otherwise you could do an all male tank, as they are more colorful than the the females. Mystery snails will be compatible with anything you could put in. With your current ph guppies would do well but you could also do neons. what about a South American biotope with 4 or so Bolivian rams, a large shoal of neons, and you could put a pair of bristlenose plecos or my personal preference would be to have some
Cories as a nice little cleanup crew as the bottom feeders. Which algae eating fish were you thinking of? I would steer clear of the dwarf gouramis only because they generally come from a poor stock. That's only one grouping that comes to mind if you'd like a different one with your other choices just specify and I'd be happy to help.
Hope you enjoy the forum

Back
Top Bottom