A Fishy Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishalotti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I decided it was time to be active on some fish forums again. Following a few FB groups just doesn't cut it. Also, I found that my old angel fish forum favorites are either gone or have gone quiet. My history... I've had fish constantly since 1993 I think. Back in 2007-2010 I built up a fish room in my garage where I had over 40 aquariums and 1100 gallons of water and I was raising freshwater angelfish. I shut it down mostly for financial reasons. I was known as "Jay from Indiana" on the Pet Fish Talk podcast, where I called in frequently for a couple of those years. I also go by Fishalotti.

After selling off the fish room, I kept my nice 75 gallon show tank in the house and nothing else. I set about doing all the house projects that hadn't been touched in 3 years and then we had 2 kids. I held this nagging feeling that I never completed the fish room, having stopped short. I had always thought I should be making videos of it while I was building it up originally. Fast forward 10 years and I recently repurchased some of the equipment from the person who bought it from me. Most of the good stuff was gone, having been stolen from his place, but at least I got a boatload of PVC fittings, my old air pump and some tanks. Ok, it was couple pickup loads worth of stuff. I've got 2 tanks up in my old fish room (garage) now and I've made a few videos. It might not take long for me to get back to 10-20 tanks. I'm not sure what all I'll be putting in the tanks yet, but want to try things I've never tried before.

From reading the rules, I'm unclear if I can even post a link to my YouTube channel here. It's nowhere near being monetized.

I'm excited to be going off the deep end once again. It was a lot of fun last time.

Welcome!

What fish are you planning on keeping /raising???

[Wait a few weeks and a couple dozen posts or they will all go to moderation.]

Andy Sager pops in now and again, Angel expert.

Back
Top Bottom