Advice for newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My filter requires an air pump, which is why when he was asking me I told him to get one. And now he knows he was right figuring out my name on here. I had him get on here when he thought the air pump was an airstone. I don't really know what all he needs help on, but I know he's confused as to what to get for the tank. That's one of the main things he keeps asking about, and I can't answer it all. I'm a semi-newbie to this stuff, and my tank has completely different requirements than his will, example being my room is always really warm, so my tank is steady at 78 degrees without a heater.

I don't think that filter needs a air pump to work. I don't keep it so I'm not 100% sure on that but its what I've been reading. if you bought the filter new it should have came with instructions to put it together and start it. With other filters normally all you would need to do is: put the tubes on and filter cartridge then hook it on the tank. Fill it up with water then plug it in and it should start up.

This link may help with some answers in the faq part, so check it out. http://www.aqua-tech.biz/sites/aquatech/FAQAbstract.aspx?id=86&catID=67&srvid=Aqua-Tech

I'm not sure what fish to get. I want something colorfully and visually appealing, but i also dont want something that is going to be really hard to take care of for my first time.

Back
Top Bottom