Greetings/Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parallaxus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings....
I'm new to the hobby and have recently set up my first 20Gal freshwater tank. I'm enjoying it so far, but finding the usual noob challenges. Much gratitude for the useful info I've found here so far.

I was wondering, is there someone here in the Toronto area that would be willing to donate/sell some materials from a well established freshwater aquarium to aid in my tank cycling?

Chhers

Im not in the US but my lfs helped me out with some. They took out the display tanks filter sponge, added some tank water and cleaned the sponge into the bag. It turnd into a thick brown soup. I took it sraight home at poured it into my filter. 2weeks later my tank was cycled.

I actually did contact my LFS Big Al's and asked.
I was shocked that they wouldn't help me out. Maybe they get too many requests? Or maybe I just had a guy who wasn't interesting in being helpful?

I actually did contact my LFS Big Al's and asked.
I was shocked that they wouldn't help me out. Maybe they get too many requests? Or maybe I just had a guy who wasn't interesting in being helpful?

Why dont you offer a little money, i went to my lfs in person and asked. Say something like "sort me out with some filter media and i promise ill buy my fish from you" then if you do you do, and if you dont well you dont!

Back
Top Bottom