Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobernarf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the aquarium world and have really enjoyed reading and learning about being an aquarium owner over the past two months.

I originally wanted just a goldfish in bowl but when I started researching how to take care of fish it opened me up to this incredibly detailed hobby I still don't know much about. It's mostly taught me how many mistakes I've made!

Anyways hello and I look forward to bombarding you with questions!

Oh, and the tank:

10 gallon
Tetra Whisper PF10
1 Air Stone
3 Zebra Danio

Timeline of Experience:
August - interest began

Late August - bought starter aquarium, was advised by Pet Store to run it for 3 days so it would be safe for fish

Late August + 3 days - Added Oranda Goldfish

+7 days - Goldfish died, began researching fin rot, lethargy in fish, discovered the nitrogen cycle

Gave up on raising fish, removed my Oranda's body and left the aquarium running for 2 months with no fish

+2 months - I had to move and drained the tank except for about half an inch of water in the subtrate

+2 months and days later - Set up my new tank with 3 Zebra Dianos based on advise from an older biologist

Today: Got API test kits and read .25 ppm Ammonia, no nitrite, 5 ppm nitrate

Future: I aspire to add 2 more Zebrafish and 1 to 3 Platy fish after I learn more and get advice

Back
Top Bottom