Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjnovakovich

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I current have 3 tanks. I have a 33 gal. flat back hex with 2 paired discus. No luck breeding these two as they keep eating the eggs. Filstar 2 and a sponge filter
Another 33 gal. flatback hex containing 2 red-eared sliders. This is my wife's deal. Filstar 1
A 55 gal. This has a total of 4 discus. It also has 2 black tetrae and a grey spotted pleco. This one is filtered with a Filstar 3 and a Filstar 2.

Tomorrow, I will be taking delivery of an Oceanic Ultimate 105 gal. outfit in cherry. I am going to be filtering this with an Oceanic Model #2 sump. While I am well experienced with fw aqaria, box, canister, and hob filters, I am totally new to a wet/dry filter. By the way... any advice on how this thing goes together will be appreciated. I'v gotten some decent advice on the plumbing, but I am clueless as to the innerds (mechanical filtration, bioballs, etc.) This tank will replace the 55 gal. which will house the turtles. They have outgrown the 33 flat back hex. My two paired discus will also be housed in the 105 and I am going to convert the 33 where they are living into an apisotgramma tank in a few months.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom