Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwebb125

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, my name is Kyle.. I have a 55 gallon South American aquarium. I got back into this hobby about two months ago after being out of it for years. I'm currently running two hang on back filters with the plans for a third which will end being a canister filter. Currently one of the filters is a basic petsmart filter that came with the tank setup. The other is a five stage Fluval C4 that I think works great. I also have LED lighting, a sand bottom and bunch of fake plants and a rock cave for this fish to hide in. I'm getting ready to build a custom stand and canopy, which will look great when I'm done. I'm starting to get into the whole DIY thing. I'm trying to make this tank look as natural as possible. I've been doing tons of research on good safe ways to make things to go in the tank but I'm still a little unsure of exactly how I'm going to go about doing it. The two main things I really want to make are rocks and logs. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you. I've also been considering building a refigium which if I do so that will act as my third filter. Anyway that about sums up my tank and my future plans. Although I'm always thinking of cool things to do, so who knows what will come to mind. I will add some photos later when I take some new ones. Thanks everyone for reading and happy fish keeping :(:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom