Hello from Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, just joined last night and thought I would introduce myself. I've wanted to keep fish for years now and finally got around to setting it up. Still at school so I was buying things bit by bit, but came across a second hand 3 ft tank with a lot of equipment for $150 a few weeks ago. Finally set it up last week and currently cycling/ waiting for cloudy water to clear up (suspect this is from the sand, which I neglected to wash). It's half sand, half dirted with gravel cap.

I put a few stems of Wisteria in, hoping to make this a planted tank and it's surviving so far, looks like it's melted a bit. However it looks to have some new shoots that look healthy and hopefully I can keep them that way before adding some more plants. I also have a few pieces if driftwood that I plan to add after treating it, to fill up the empty space a bit.

Planned stocking is neons, cories and pearl gourami (unsure of how many yet, we'll see). Possibly another small school and some kuhli's. For now though it's just the hard process of waiting.

Loving the forum so far, hope to be a part of the community :)

image-3965444985.jpg

Im geussing you got a 55 gallon tank? I think that would be a bout 425 liters or so.... Good luck! Im excited about getting some pearl gouramis too in a tank im setting up. I would say if ur at least 50 gallons u could do: 14 neons, 2 pearls( one of each gender) and half a dozen corydoras. It wouldnt hurt to ad another school in (maybe rasboras or danios or barbs, or even australian rainbowfish!) that would b awesome since ur from aussie! U could stock further than what u said, tho. Be careful and research fish, plants, etc before getting. Gl!

Im geussing you got a 55 gallon tank? I think that would be a bout 425 liters or so.... Good luck! Im excited about getting some pearl gouramis too in a tank im setting up. I would say if ur at least 50 gallons u could do: 14 neons, 2 pearls( one of each gender) and half a dozen corydoras. It wouldnt hurt to ad another school in (maybe rasboras or danios or barbs, or even australian rainbowfish!) that would b awesome since ur from aussie! U could stock further than what u said, tho. Be careful and research fish, plants, etc before getting. Gl!

Unfortunately not quite that big :( its 140 litres / approximately 37gal.

I've been hooked on pearls since i first started researching fish a few years back, they look amazing! I'd love rainbowfish but i'm not quite sure I have the space for them - possibly in the future!

Do you have any existing tanks?

Back
Top Bottom