Hello! I need help with bullfrogs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hiromi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I am in Anaheim, CA. We bought tadpoles for school project and they became American bullfrogs. I thought that they are different kind of frogs but I was wrong. They turned into frogs in June. They are not "huge" yet .. about 2 inches without the leg length... when their legs are extended they are about 5 inches (the legs are long). I read that they are invasive creatures so I cannot let them go free in ponds or rivers...and I read that they will eat anything and will keep eating.. I don't know how long I can keep them like this... What do people do with such frogs? Is there people who want those frogs? What do aquarium people do with those frogs??? I would really appreciate if you can give me some advice... thank you so much for helping me : )

I would contact my local DNR ( department of natural resources)personal. tell them your situation. make sure it is the species you think it is and see what they would want you to do. some people do keep frogs as pets. if that can be an option you can give them away if it isn't illegal.

Back
Top Bottom