Hello new friends :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V_man

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! So I am new to the hobby. I have always wanted an aquarium but I spent the last six years in the navy and I moved around a lot, so I wanted to wait until I had a permanent residence to do so. SO, about two weeks ago I got my first aquarium, a 46 gallon bowed tank. I also have a few questions to help me get started which I will ask in the appropriate forum section. I plan on the tank being planted, not sure what kind of fish to put in it just yet, taking it one step at a time :)

Let's see, what else about me... I am originally from the Philadelphia area. In my time in the navy I lived in Charleston SC, Saratoga Springs NY, and Norfolk, VA. Did a couple deployments to the Persian Gulf and got to see some nice places in Europe. Now I am settled in Rockford, IL and working as a reactor operator at a nuclear plant. I enjoy weightlifting, mountain biking and the outdoors, messing around with my truck, big fan of extreme heavy metal, play guitar....that's all the big points I guess. Glad to be here!

-Vince

welcome to AA you found the right place to get the answers your looking for ,
if you venture down to the freshwater section you will find a planted section , everyone they can give you all the info your looking for, and even more if you get to see these guys tanks youll know you found the right place for info, ask lots of questions as they have all the answers ,

here is a good article to help you on your way (y)
Planted Tank Basics - Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom