Hey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildcat236

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm Wildcat and I'm new to fish keeping. As in I don't have a fish tank just yet. (planning for wednesday!) I'm interested in getting a betta fish. They're really pretty and they seem like one of the easier fish to take care of in that there only needs one in the tank. I'm super excited about starting all this! Thank you for reading my post. Hope you have a good day!

-Wildcat

Welcome. I also started with bettas. It's hard to resist because they are kept in those tiny cups.
What size tank are you thinking? I reccomend at least 5, but 10 gallons would give you more room to decorate.

If you can find it aqueon makes an 8.8 cube. Those are pretty good if you don't have a lot of space. It's what I used for my betta.

I may do that, it's an option at least. And i think I've decided to do the 5 gallon o my Betta has space to swim.

If you want a nice easy live plant I reccomend anubias. You can plant it in gravel or let it float. Either way bettas love sleeping on its broad leaves.
Also make sure you cycle your tank. You can get a lot of advice on it in these forums.

Back
Top Bottom