Howdy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majorsick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

I've been lurking here for awhile, mostly getting inspired by Benjamin's tank build threads!! I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank that I bought for my 3 year old son's room, and I'm enjoying keeping it more than I thought!

He has:
2 angelfish (angelica and chief)
1 pearl gourami (pearl)
1 clown loach (lonny)
4 tetras (test fish)
1 pleco (al g. eater)

I went for a year without testing the water (didn't even know I needed to), and all the fish were doing great. I did ~25% water changes twice a month and fed daily. We bought 2 new fish (clown loaches) for his birthday, and we lost one of them. The LFS had a 7 day guarantee with a water sample, and I took it in and my nitrates were off the chart (maroon red). I bought a test kit and at their recommendation started feeding every other day, put in an aerator and put in some live plants Nitrates are slowly dropping and all the fish seem to be doing great. Anyways..... Having a "problem" really got me going on this aquarium thing. I found myself looking at forums and realizing how much there is to know about this stuff!

I welcome any advice on my nitrate problem, but maybe that's for another thread...

I'm just looking to learn and hopefully get a larger fresh and/or saltwater tank going.

Back
Top Bottom