Howdy Howdy Howdy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RenardTheFox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm 26 and I live in Alaska! I have a 29 gallon tank with 2 large goldfish, two vanilla lobsters, and a rubber lip pleco. I just started getting really serious about my fishtank. When I purchased my goldfish, they were 14 cent feeder fish that my toddler demanded we have. In all honesty, they lived in a cut open juice bottle for about 2 weeks. We were told, however, that they probably wouldn't live the first few days. They lived in a 10 gallon tank for all of a week before I finally bought a 29 gallon. They are Ginormous compared to their 14 cent days. The tank has been filled with fish for 3 months now, with the pleco and lobsters only being here for the last 2 months. I don't like to change much about their tank (aside from water). In my eyes, I'm coming in and stressing them out, just so the tank looks "nicer"? I only move things in the tank if they are becoming a danger in some way. Up until today, all of my fish are very happy and healthy. I already made a thread on the salt water sick fish area, so I wont go into details about it now.

Aside from my 29 gallon, I really really want to get a 90+ gallon salt water tank in the future, but I figured this would be easier and a better way to start since I am new.
I do all of my shopping through PetSmart. They've yet to sell me bad fish or equipment, and their advice has always been great. It doesn't feel like they're pushing a sale, and most times I don't need anything from the store to correct any issue I think I'm having.

My fish are my family (along with my bf [AKA partner in crime], my son Castiel, and my kitty Sasha), and are very socialized, as far as fish go. No, no, we don't tap on the tank! We just come over, and quietly talk to them. Sometimes we trace our fingers on the glass, and at times will put large-ish hoops in the tank that the two goldfish love to play with.

My tank currently has 3 differnt variety of aquatic plants. One of them is a moss ball, one is some sort of Anubias ( I can't remember what), and then there are 2 of the same kind of fern. However, without paying attention I bought a semi-aquatic plant (not a clue what it is, I completely forgot). It's been in my tank about a month and a half. I've kept a very close eye on it, as I was told it would probably drown, rot, and die. However, to Everyone's surprise, the plant is alive, happy, and putting roots through the substrate! Yay!

The picture is numbered to show off the fish.
1&2 is Liz and Levi (Liz is two toned, Levi is slightly larger)
3 is my hard-to-see rubber lip pleco named Lumpy
4 & 5 are my two Vanilla Lobsters, Dingo and Wallaby.

The two toned plants on the right hand side are the semi-aquatic that some-how survived.
Uuuh, I don't know what else to say. So, uhm. woo!

Attachments

• fish tank.jpg
    fish tank.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 140
Welcome to the forum :) always wondered what it would be like to live in Alaska :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Now that Levi doesn't have a rock stuck in his throat, I was able to take better pictures. This is my entire tank. And, yes, I am aware that the two toned plant is now considered aquatic. It was bought on accident by my mother, and I decided to see what would happen. It has new leaves growing with no signs of death or rot, so I'm leaving it.
The skull and left-most log are new so the vanilla lobsters have more hiding places.

And to think, those two gold fish were just a couple of 14 cent feeder fish. Goodness they've gotten huge..

Attachments

• KIMG0151.jpg
    KIMG0151.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 66
  • KIMG0155.jpg
    KIMG0155.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 70
  • KIMG0156.jpg
    KIMG0156.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 50
  • KIMG0157.jpg
    KIMG0157.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to the forum :) always wondered what it would be like to live in Alaska :)

Not nearly as bad as most people think. The first winter is always the worst, but I've been here for 12 years. lol I love it, though. I don't think I'll ever be leaving. Although, I must admit, when I hear people gasp about how beautiful the mountains are, all I can do is roll my eyes. lol

Not nearly as bad as most people think. The first winter is always the worst, but I've been here for 12 years. lol I love it, though. I don't think I'll ever be leaving. Although, I must admit, when I hear people gasp about how beautiful the mountains are, all I can do is roll my eyes. lol

Cool! Definitely not like Scotland then Lol
Beautiful fish and love your lobsters :)

Back
Top Bottom