Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishMan2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, my name is Fishman 2000, and I have been using the forum for a couple of months now. I have a very limited experience with keeping aquariums, and most of that experience was with Beta fish. I got on the forum because I revived my interest in keeping fish, but haven't got around to setting up an actual tank yet. My main interest in keeping fish lies with saltwater and exotic freshwater species, including freshwater stingrays. I know I'm not experienced enough yet to keep any of these, but I hope to get started soon to reach this goal.

First of All welcome to AA , You will find both the FW and SW sections very useful ask questions and you will get answers , Freshwater rays wouldn't be my first recommendation as they are expensive and require a large tank And with no true knowledge with out that could hurt the pocket , I would say start with a smaller set up learn the basics and than from there you can grow with a upgrade , same goes for SW it puts a big dent in the pocket way before you are ready for fish ,
if starting a saltwater start small no smaller than 20g learn the basics than grow from there , I look back and could almost die I could have bought a new truck 2X over
I love this hobby I enjoy every bit of it it's very rewarding just not cheap ,

start slow learn the basics and slowly over time expand This way it will give you time to slowly acquire everything you will need for a nice size tank , classifieds are the best start as you find great deals

Back
Top Bottom