Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShinojFez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All, Shinoj is my name. I’m from Co. Cavan, Ireland.
I’m describing myself as an enthusiastic starter fish-keeper. My first tank is 75 Litres (Marina Lux aquarium kit) with the heater and filter come with the aquarium package.
At the moment, I’ve 3 small Bala Shark, 10 medium sized Cardinal Tetras, 2 Cory catfish, 2 Indian Loaches, 2 medium size Angels, 2 Zebra Snails.
I’m attaching the front view of my tank so that you all can get an idea about that plants inside.
I’m bit concerned whether my tank is overcrowded?
See you all in the discussions further
Thanks
Shinoj FernandezIMG_6113.jpgIMG_6113.jpgIMG_6104.jpg

Its not so much overcrowding, but some of the fish will outgrow your tank.

Angel fish and the loaches will need something a little bigger than you have. Lets say 120 litres.

Then we come to the bala sharks. They get big, and are better kept in larger numbers. A small group of bala sharks will need minimum 500 litre tank.

If you arent planning on getting much bigger tanks to keep these fish, i would return them and look to keep fish more suited to your tank size. Who sold you bala sharks to keep in a 75 litre tank? Thats ridiculous.

Its not so much overcrowding, but some of the fish will outgrow your tank.

Angel fish and the loaches will need something a little bigger than you have. Lets say 120 litres.

Then we come to the bala sharks. They get big, and are better kept in larger numbers. A small group of bala sharks will need minimum 500 litre tank.

If you arent planning on getting much bigger tanks to keep these fish, i would return them and look to keep fish more suited to your tank size. Who sold you bala sharks to keep in a 75 litre tank? Thats ridiculous.

Thanks Eiken for your reply.
Yes, I would better return the Bala Sharks and get some tetras or other small fishes.
Thanks mill
Shinoj

Thanks Eiken for your reply.
Yes, I would better return the Bala Sharks and get some tetras or other small fishes.
Thanks mill
Shinoj
Did they even ask you about what size tank you had, or warn you about how big bala sharks get and how big a tank you would need?

Did they even ask you about what size tank you had, or warn you about how big bala sharks get and how big a tank you would need?

Yes they told me the Bala Shark May grow bigger and you may have to shift them to a bigger tank after some time.
But I thought of keeping them until they are okay with the current tank.

You can certainly grow them out in the small tank, but i would be looking to upgrade when they got more than a couple of inches, and ultimately they need a much bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom