Jerilynne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerilynne5903

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.

I had tanks in the past but it seems that many things have changed or my fish were just lucky at living.

I started with a 55g and went to a local fish store that told me nothing about cycling my tank, so of course I jumped in with 3 swordtails Pete, Peggy (green swordtails and Penelope a red and white swordtail) and 3 gold dust mollies Patrick, Rebeka and Sunny) all of which died but Pete and Patrick. My tank was a week old. Now my tank is healthy with Pete, Dottie and Miranda (red and orange swortails) that are pregnant. Dottie had 2 babies (Trixie and Trina) and the experience was super cool watching them grow until I found out that female swords carry sperm upto 6 months and will continue to have babies, even without a male estimated every 28 days! I just spotted another newbie yesterday about 2 weeks old. Whew, needless to say. I also have 7 cherry barbs, 7 prestines tetras, a blue powder puff ghormi named Mr. Blue and a large Pleco named Mr. Beau Jangles. I now have a 3g with a male betta named Lucent, a 5g with a male betta named Howard a 20L that has 15 tetras and a honey ghromi named Miles and a small pleco named Sir Pebbles the first, then I have a 10g full of zebra danios and a clown pleco named Hasbro. Ive got a 29 g tank thats cycling right now that Pete and any other males I might get betwern now and 6 months will be moved over once im done having problems with. 29 has Harequin Rasboras and Zebra Danios. My daughter just got her first tank today. A 15g tall tank. She's been learning right along side me and she set up her tank including cleaning the rock extremely well, washing her driftwood, checking water temperate before putting the water in the tank and adding quick start. Im definitely loving my tanks. I originally wanted an all shark tank! I guess that's not an option as I don't have room for a 210g tank! Oooh, but what fun that would be.

Thanks,

Jerilynne

Back
Top Bottom