Jumping into the deep end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 corydoras panda at the moment.
Unfortunately Repashy doesnt have an australian reseller.

The entire tank is smooth gravel so should i just scoop some of those out into a bowl or two and do that? Also do i need anything for the process to start or does algae just grow in the sun on the gravel without anything?

Larger smooth river rocks will grow a better crop of Algae, than tiny gravel.

A shallow bowl of water, enough water to cover the rocks, in a sunny window will grow Algae.

Pandas are one of the smaller species.

Pandas don't like too hot temps. 72-77f is their temp range I think.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=267

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have several and when they get algae covered out them in the tank. As soon as one is clean take it out and add another. You will need a lot of these thought but it's probably the best way.
Emerald76

Larger smooth river rocks will grow a better crop of Algae, than tiny gravel.

A shallow bowl of water, enough water to cover the rocks, in a sunny window will grow Algae.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414770925.896341.jpg
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right emerald/coursair. When you said river rock as in get an actual rock from a river or pebbles that look like river rocks? I don't have any rivers near me. I had some pebbles and put it in some water. Dropped some small gravel with algae samples from my friend's overgrown algae tank (couldn't get anything else as it was cleaned) and an algae wafer. It is out in the sun in my backyard all day for 4 days now. The water I noticed was hot. Will that kill the algae? It's not boiling but slightly hotter than a warm bath.

I love the way you have that little tank set up. The decor is awesome!

By "River" rocks I just meant large smooth rocks.
Size looks fine. I would just use shallow water and a sunny window. I'll ask my friend who was doing this for her Hillstream Loaches.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had to do the rocks in water. I had so many live plants, my Otos grazed those. They eat Biofilm, not just visible algae.

Wow. That's fat. They can't die from over eating? And yours is just eating off biofilm from plants?

She was full of eggs. Never tell a female she's fat LOL

Mine ate biofilm, soft green algae, shrimp pellets, Repashy gel food, frozen blood worms, decayed plants, Indian Almond Leaves, etc....

Biofilm is a majority of the diet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415219435.982118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom