Motoro Stingrays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwj8500

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was kept from owning stingrays because of hearing how hard they are to keep, I will not dispute that because in the 5 years i have had rays i have lost 2 and have had to spend alot of time and money treating the ones that got sick. The 2 motoro rays i have now have been doing very well as i keep them in there own 180 gal tank,they are eating as much as i choose to give them on a weekly basis with no problems and they prefer earthworms and fresh tilapia and a few times a month ghost shrimp. When thinking of keeping rays i would recommend a tank of at least 150 gallons with 2 - 300 watt covered heaters to protect them from getting burned as they can grow quickly and make sure to get your ray from a reputable vendor that is known for there quality and service, filtration is also a key factor and with rays canister filters are the only way to go i use a fluval FX5 and with proper chemicals and media my water stays crystal clear and the rays are active and healthy.

Thank you and i am still trying to get use to this site,i see the post photo's link but when i click on it page not found comes up.

You have to go into your own profile and add photos from there. At least, that's how I found to add photos. Welcome to the site. We have a FW tank, and not SW, but I can't wait to see pics of your rays. I love rays.

Back
Top Bottom