New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

My name is Joe. I am currently living in Bowling Green, Ohio. I have been an admirer of the aquarium world for a long time, but just recently bought my first tank. I got a 29g that I am planning on putting a few different types of community fish in along with some live plants. Right now I am trying to do a fishless cycle with a few plants in there already. I didn't realize there is as much to this as there is. I have been trying to learn as much as possible, but there is an endless amount of "information" out there. I am only a couple weeks into this, and don't even have fish yet, but I am already addicted. I can't wait until I move out of my apartment and have the room to get a bigger tank.

Joe

Welcome to AA Joe! My first tank was also a 29 gallon. :) While you'er doing a fishless cycle it's a perfect time to decide what fish you want and ask questions here and do some research on the fish you'er interested in! Lots of friendly and helpful people here!

Thanks ocean. I bought one of the "active" filters from Angels Plus to do my cycle, and got it a couple days ago. So far it seems like my ammonia has dropped a little, but I'm thinking the filter might not be as "active" as I was hoping for. Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about the fish I want to get. I definitely want a couple bristlenose plecos, and probably 5/6 black ruby barbs. Other then that I have been considering some zebra/leopard danios, white clouds, cardinal tetras, cherry barbs and a couple others. Not sure which of those I want to get though.

Back
Top Bottom