New member & help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaylam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

First of all I would like to say what a great forum. I have been lurking and reading some posts over the last few weeks to help me decided if I should go Tropical or Saltwater.

Anyway im Jay and today I have just bought a 4ft tank and a Eheim professional 3 filter, heater, internal filter (for water flow).

I want to setup a saltwater tank, can anyone tell me what else I need and also if there is a site/post that can tell me the steps I need to take setting it up i.e. fill it with water, add salt, how to and what to check with the water before adding fish etc etc.

Many thanks in advance

Jay

Welcome. You'll have to cycle your tank first. Most of us here at AA prefer the fishless cycle. You can click on the search button above and enter fishless cycling. The threads you're looking for is information on the nytrogen cycle and fishless cycling for dummies. If you follow the directions to a "T" your tank could cycle in about three or so weeks instead of three or four months. Some tanks cycle in less time if you have some established gravel or an ornament, maybe from a friends tank.

Welcome aboard Jay. You`ll need to post your questions over at the SW forums. Not everyone comes to the welcome wagon. We will help you along.

Thanks for the reply guys, im reading through the fishless cycling threads now and im sure I will have some more questions but I will make sure to post them in the SW section.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom