New to AA & the Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bowsNrams

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of fish. Late last year, about 6 or 8 months ago my husband took my son and got him a 20 gallon tank with a few fish. A few weeks later I went with them to get fish and got my first two dwarf frogs and 2 ghost shrimp. I could not believe how interested in the hobby I was after just one trip to the fish store! I came home and started researching fish. Now, six months later my 4 year old has lost interest but I can't get enough of it! We have a 60 Gallon Tank, its about 4 feet long and a few feet tall. I got it on sale at petsmart. I am obsessed. I go to Petsmart everytime I am running errands, even if I don't buy anything, I am always looking for new fish to get in the future!! I still have lots of questions and make tons of mistakes... adding too many fish at once... cycled new tank with fish, but only lost one during the process...

My main concern right now is what I should do about my neon tetra situation. I bought 9 and 7 have died. I have two in my tank and think I am going to take them back to the store. They are so cute and my daughter picked them out, should I get cardinal tetras instead? It sounds like they may be hardier.

I am also wanting to get some ROsy BArbs but am afraid of how big they may get.

I know I am probably not supposed to be posting all o fthis in the NEw member forum, but I am new to the whole world of online communities. I will find my way around soon hopefully. Thanks in advance for all of the advice!!

Niki

Welcome to AA. Sorry I don't know much about neons or cardinals. I have 3 Rosy Barbs, they're a little bigger than my tiger barbs but not too big for a 60 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom