New to aquaria and loving it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bioworldmaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody

I just got my very first fish tank cycled! U-HUU! It wasn't so bad as it first sounded, from the books I've read.

My aquarium is a
25g with an eclipse2 hood
100w heater
planted with :
two very large amazon swords,
two red ludwigias
one foxtail
two pieces of malasian driftwood
a few river rocks
10 small/medim tiger barbs.

I know, that isn't a lot of fish, but they all survived cycling, so that is great. I don't know yet what tankmates they will have, but I am thinking about a few ghost shrimps and maybe a pair of gouramis.

I have a lot of "empty" water-space on the top of the tank (the tiger barbs stay mostly at the bottom or middle), so I would rather get some fish that would occupy that area. Advice anyone?

Thanks
Monica G

[center:17941086f0] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, Bioworldmaker! :n00b: [/center:17941086f0]
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Since barbs have a fin-nipping rep, adding gouramis may be a bad idea.

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

know, that isn't a lot of fish, but they all survived cycling, so that is great.

Yes that is great. And dont fret about how many fish are in the tank. Its way to easy to overpopulate. An understocked tank is a happy tank.

Back
Top Bottom