New to forum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stampz2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

My name is Jim and I just joined this forum yesterday. I'm from the great and beautiful state of Wyoming. I set up a small tank a couple weeks ago, but still need to buy some fish for the tank. I'm still trying to decide what I want to put in it. Right now I'm leaning toward guppies. It might be a while until I can get to a town that has a pet shop. The closest big(?) city is about 2 hours away. I could get some from one of the places on the internet, but I'm reluctant to have fish sent through the mail. Anyone have some experience with a internet store? Can someone recommend a good place.

Thanks
Jim

I buy almost all drygoods on the Internet and some livestock too. It makes a difference with salt water due the high price of each specimen. Not sure it makes sense for common freshwater species though.

Have you cycled your tank yet? Don't forget to check out the articles section here too.

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA Jim! :)

Having fish shipped isn't as difficult or risky as many people think. We've sent and received fish all over the country with only very rare issues. Afterall, your LFS has their fish shipped to them for resale. ;)

Afterall, your LFS has their fish shipped to them for resale.
exactly..... when people are worried about shipping my first answer is how do you think lfs get their fish lol

Welcome to AA.

Being from Northern CO, I know there aren't many choices for stores if you're in the Cheyenne area. I think everything in Ft Collins has closed and the ones in Loveland I wouldn't trust. Boulder has 2 good stores, but depending on where you are in WY it will be a heck of a drive.

Back
Top Bottom