New to site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klaude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I've been keeping fish since I was in 6th grade, mostly goldfish and betta.

Now I have a 55g with a catfish and electric blue cichlid. Both super aggressive, but don't harm each other. Got them about 10 years ago, anything else I put in there they would team up against and kill within a day, including plecos and snails (found a floating shell the next day, I was impressed). So they earned the right to live out their days in peace. They've been the only two in there for 4-5 years now (gave up on algae cleaners and just clean it myself every other week now...) Both are about 8-10 inches long.

I joined today seeking some advice for a sick fish (posted a thread in the sick fish section for brackish/fresh) any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is diffiult to add new cichlids

With an electric blue that size; he has already claimed his territory. With a 55 gallon tank you have plenty of room to add more fish. Before you add new fish; re-arrange the furniture in your tank. Move all the rocks and structure to new part of the tank. Don't by cichlids at pet store; get from hatchery and make sure they are at least 3" long. Unlike community fish; it is better to add more cichlids at one time. This will somewhat confuse the fish at first ; so everyone starts out new. The catfish should chill out as well when more fish are added.

This will help!

Mike.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom