Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New to site need some help on stocking for 75 tank

Hey! I am new to this site but I am not new to fish keeping. My first fish ever was an awesome beta I kept in my room in a 10 gallon tank. It was so cool, it's what really got me into fish keeping, unfortunately the betta died after 1-1/2 years (natural causes). Then in the Spring of 15 I was doing some cleaning and stumbled upon my old 10 gallon tank and decided to give it a go again. BEST DECISION EVER! I got a new filter, heater, substrate and planted some plants in there and cycled it . About a month and a half later I bought 4 panda corys, 3 guppies (1:2 male to female) and 3 black skirt tetras. Some might say I am a wee bit over stocked but I mean there has been no problems for the 2 years I have had them and everyone is quite happy. I do weekly 25% water changes also. so that was keeping me content for a while then I moved houses last week and the person we got the house from left this beautiful 75 gallon tank with (sadly) abused fish. She had 2 serape tetras, 1 cinnamon loach and 1 (pregnant??) zebra danio. I was shocked at how dumb she was. By the looks of how dirty the gravel was with poop and food I don't think she had ever cleaned it out with a syphon.. Anyway I just moved the tank into my room, moved the fishes out, cycled and now am ready for a bunch of new fish for this massive and gorgeous 75 g aquarium!! I am thinking About rescuing these fish from my local mejier, 1 pearl gourami, 10 zebra danio, 10 cherry barbs,
10 cories, 1 fire mouth Meeki, 1 Siamese algae eater, 3 Serapi tetra and 4 cinnamon loaches. I have read up on all of these fish and absolutely love each and every one of them. I understand that the firemouth is a cichlid but is pretty docile and can be kept in a community tank. For plants Amazon sword (towards back)
Chain swords, Java fern, Java moss (up front)
Anubias nana, Water sprite and Anacharis. I have my tank currently at 77 with good filtration and do 25-40% water changes biweekly. It's somewhat planted now but will be heavily planted come next pay check. I know this was long but I wanted to in depth describe my plans and show I am knowledgeable and not some idiot thinking fish are going to be easy to take care of. I am really open to suggestions because this is the biggest tank I have ever had, let me know what changes I should make or any suggestions you might have (: here are the pictures of the 10 g Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480056366.862924.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	291296Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480056385.573888.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	291297community and the 75 g empty waiting for fish friends!!

Old 11-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would check into some local clubs for tropical fish or aquascaping, and see what pops up in their auctions. Maybe some dwarf neon rainbow fish would be awesome and of course some more plants.

- YOU NEED PLANTS!!!!
Ashenwelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks! I will check into it!!

Tags
stock, stocking, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com