New to the fish world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm not to new to this but recently learned a lot I used to have fish (goldfish) when I was younger and didn't know what I was doing had a 10G with like 5 goldfish all died but that I had for 2 yrs gotta huge but eventually died, I didn't know bout acclimating, water changes , types of food all that well I'm restarting this hobby and I have a 29G with a few fish and it's going pretty I love the app has lots of good tips and great advice I'm very excited to learn so much more

Let me start off by saying I'm running a 10gal as my first tank. A few quick tips I could give you is Cycling your tank. Look up the nitrogen cycle on google and you will learn. During this cycle you SHOULDN'T put fish in. Usually takes a month at the most. Also, if you have fish in already make sure you feed them a variety of foods. I feed my betta worms, shrimp, and flakes/pellets. He lives happily with 4 frogs and 2 cory cats. Another tip is DONT listen to pet store employees. Whatever they tell is usually just to make a quick buck off of you.

Lol got it thanks I didn't cycle it to long but the fish I got first is still alive and very active I do feed em a variety of food and seem happy. Thanks for the tips

Back
Top Bottom