newbe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vinniefrio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I have a 55gal tank,power head, 100 gal filter,ph 600 pen tester,master test kit,test strips,fake plants,45 gal reserve tank for water changes, 6 fish and shrimp.I need help! with cycling my tank I set up 4 weeks ago.Ive read all the info. on cycling . I have no idea where my tank is cycling now,im doing a fish in cycle.Ive done 3 50% water changes in 3 days to bring down ammonia 2 1.0 and nitrite 2 5.0,I still have ammonia at 1.0,ph 7.4.im using ammo chips that need to be removed.it looks like my filter is seeding but im not sure,the tank spiked 5 days ago.Please help me set up my tank and save my fish. Thanks vinniefrio:banghead:

Sounds like you need to do at least 2 more 50% water changes. The ammo chips are probably not a good idea. Do you have nitrites?

If you are doing a fish in cycle, you do not use ammo chips. Your fish are your ammonia source. Adding those will only make things more toxic to your fish.

IMO, you just need to keep doing water changes to keep your levels down until your tank is fully cycled.

What size tank do you have and what kind of fish?

Back
Top Bottom