Newbie ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wicuskah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
Planning to set up a tank for my son. I used to have fish when I was a kid, but I had no clue back then, neither support. I don't want to make the same mistakes, and I want to help him and learn with him along the way.
So I am researching the internet 24/7, and that's how I ended up here ? I have some species in mind, trying to make it an easy tank but colourful, too.
How many litres or gallons of water would you need for either:

6 neon/cardinal tetra and 2-3 male guppies
Or
6 chilli rasbora and 2-3 male guppies
Or 6 neon/cardinal tetra and 6 chilli rasbora

Thank you!

I know that guppies need at least 5 litres each and pretty sure that’s the same with tetras

I wouldn't suggest anything smaller than a long 20 gallon. It will accommodate and provide room for growth. Cycle the tank first!!! It will require patience to do it right, otherwise you/your kiddo might try to rush for a crystal clear habitat that will take even longer. Don't abide by the 24 hour treatments or instant-add-a-fish...they only promote additional chemical purchases and such...research the cycle as well as carbon vs non carbon filters. Always allow for growth!!!

I wouldn't suggest anything smaller than a long 20 gallon. It will accommodate and provide room for growth. Cycle the tank first!!! It will require patience to do it right, otherwise you/your kiddo might try to rush for a crystal clear habitat that will take even longer. Don't abide by the 24 hour treatments or instant-add-a-fish...they only promote additional chemical purchases and such...research the cycle as well as carbon vs non carbon filters. Always allow for growth!!!

Thank you, this was really helpful ?

Back
Top Bottom