newbie to the reef world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I’m just starting my 300 gallon reef aquarium (96”x24”x30”) with a 38” stand and 12” canopy. Lighting consists of 2 250w MH’s and 4 96w PC’s retros for right now I want to add T5 HO lights also. Trapezoid overflow with 4 returns, a sequence hammerhead external pump, the plumbing is 2” PVC, and right now one Tunze powerhead circulating water around. I have a 3” sandbed with around 400 lbs of live rock in the tank, about 100 lbs In the 120 gallon sump and 30 lbs in the 50 gallon refugium. Still looking for a good protein skimmer narrowed it down to ASM G5, or Octopus extreme 300. I have a 1HP corallife chiller that seems to do the job. The tank is still in the process of cycling running for about 3 days now, so no livestock yet.
Trying to take my time and do it right everything I read about the hobby points to rushing as the number one failure. So I’m going to try and be patient , but I’m starting to see it’s hard to do so.
Thanks

Welcome to AA!
Please turn your Caps off. It's hard to read
Thanks and keep us posted

The main thing with reefers is patiences....What, no pictures yet............just kidding

Welcome to AA! Be sure to take lots of pictures. You will be amazed when you look back at the progress you have made. Something to look back at when you dont think you are getting anywhere.....

Back
Top Bottom