Saltwater newbie.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briandh76

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone,
My name is Brian I'm 28 and from Ohio. I am new to saltwater but not new to the fish world. I started about 5 or 6 years ago with a 75 gal tank with Oscars. I them moved up to a semi-brackish tank scats, archers, puffers,monos and the only non-brackish was a sevrum (which did very well). I was talked into converting by my girlfriend and daughter because they wanted a nemo.... So here I am. 75 gal tank so far 40lbs of fiji live rock, 2 Sally lightfoot crabs, 1 blue damsel, 1 yellow tail damsel, 2 sandsifter starfish, 1 queen conch (spelling), 3 hermit crabs, 1 yellow tang, 1 clownfish and 5 or six snails. The tank has been set up for 2 weeks. I am far from being finished with it due to money I have to do a little at a time. (the lfs told me $200-$250 to convert it not $400-$600.) I have a fluval 403 and a magnum 350 on the tank. I am planning to TRY to build my own sump for the tank and build my own lights as well. Right now all I have is a double 48" with 1 marine-glo bulb and 1 power-glow bulb.

I hope everything goes well for me and I'm happy to be a part of this community.

Back
Top Bottom