Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzieqld60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello there, I am new to this site and this is my first message, please excuse me if I am not doing this message correctly. I have 4 tanks and I have guppies, mollies, platties, neons, sword fish. I have had 4 mollies that I purchased from a pet store in my quarintene tank for about 3 weeks, the reason they stayed there for so long was because I took samples to the pet shop and the man that has been helping me said that my tests were showing ammonia in the tanks, these fish are replacement fish as I had brought many fish there and lost all of them except 2 fish and I also lost a lot of mine as well. So he is replacing all the fish I lost. I have gone by his advise and after getting my tanks correct he gave me 4 mollies they are the ones I had in quantise for 3 weeks so last week I was able to place them in my other tank with other fish. Last night I lost one of the mollies and early this morning another of the mollies has been mainly staying down the bottom of the tank, I’m not sure why as he was quite active in the quantise tank I’m not sure if he is sick or not. I gave all my tanks a water change the other day taking 25% of water out. I checked all the ph levels and they are all good. Also in my other tank I have guppies and the same in that tank one is mainly staying on the bottom but he is abit more active than the Molly. Can I please ask if this is allowed. Has anyone got any suggestions please. Thankyou in advance.

Any other symptoms? Can you be a little more specific on the water parameters?

Hello thankyou for your reply, my tank is 65 litres. A molly and a guppy were the fishes that were sick and not moving around much at all. My guppie seems to be ok but my mollie died this afternoon. He was mostly staying on the bottom of my tank, Unfortunately my molly died this afternoon
I'm not really sure why any fish stay at the bottom of a tank and are not very active at all.
I was wondering what i should do if i have any fish like this.
Thankyou.
Take care

Back
Top Bottom