/wave Hello ._./

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Door

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I'm new in town & I remember from my days of active forum posting how I dreaded the effort of constant welcomes, so thanks in advance for reading this.

I'm an aquarium noob. I kind of fell into it when my then-boyfriend bought a tank for his classroom & subsequently killed all the fish (koi, I think?) in a morning water change. Not wanting to upset any more kids, he brought it home & we bought a couple Ryukin and kind of winged it.

After the first one died a slow painful death (a good couple years after purchase), I got obsessive about learning about the hobby. I was determined not to let the other fish die... ever! Goldfish immortality here I come. This is when I discovered what a noob I was. Ever the perfectionist, when a year later the 2nd Ryukin got ill I totally lost it. I ate and breathed online advice, making my own food for him, trying to consolidate 30 online experts' advice into one plan, medicine, salt bath, water change regimes, skilling up in water chemistry, buying him his own tank, etc etc.

Last weekend he died too. Idk, it felt like his death meant something about my life. So, I'm still trying to make something positive come out of it, and I figured as long as I'm doing all this reading, I might as well dip my toe in a community at the same time.

So, hey, nice to meet you all. Sorry I'm so wordy.

Back
Top Bottom