29 gallon filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A fluval would be great but you got to have fish that love current :mrgreen: . I have a 304 on a 70gal. I would go maximum with a 304 and then adjust the current to what doesn't bother your fish.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I have a Fluval 404 already.
My version does not have a spray bar. My version also did not come with
a regulator valve on the return

I also have an Aquaclear 50 (rated 20-50g), would this be a sufficient filter?

I wouldn't simply pinch the return line; depending on it's design backpressure could damage the pump.... if I was going to mechanically reduce flow like that I'd probably do it on the input line FWIW

The AC 50 would be would be filtering your entire tank volume about 7x per hour; the reccommended is usually 5x-10x so you should be good with that. If you're planting you'd usually want to stay closer to that 5x anyway

BlazerFRS said:
I wouldn't simply pinch the return line; depending on it's design backpressure could damage the pump.... if I was going to mechanically reduce flow like that I'd probably do it on the input line FWIW

The AC 50 would be would be filtering your entire tank volume about 7x per hour; the reccommended is usually 5x-10x so you should be good with that. If you're planting you'd usually want to stay closer to that 5x anyway

Cool! If I pointed the outflow tube on the 404 toward the 90° and down, you think this would slow down the flow a disperse it better?

I'm such an idiot sometimes, I finally read the destructions for my Fluval, it does come with a flow control valve. My tank is in heaven now.

Score :) If you really want to play with intake and return I highly recommend the Pentair Aquatics CustomFlo system. It's like legos for your canister system. So many possibilities :)

Back
Top Bottom