2g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trail_Mix

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29g tank at home that's pretty fully stocked. Among other tetras, I have 6 hi-fin serpae tetras, and just bought 3 red cherry shrimps, and 3 crystal red shrimps yesterday.

The serpae tetras are kind of harassing the shrimp, so they're currently hiding under my drift wood where they're hard to spot, and I'm not sure, but some might have been eaten.

So I'm thinking about moving the remaining shrimp into a 2g tank I have, but I was wondering do I have to cycle such a small tank before moving the shrimp? Or should I buy a larger tank for my shrimp? Thanks!

I'm no expert on this kind of topic but maybe a tiny bit bigger (not loads bigger) should do fine for your shrimp, never heard of the fish hiding before though :eek:

Shepppzz

You can keep some RCS in a tank that small. It will work ok, but just watch the water parameters. It won't take much for that size tank to start heading south.

Shrimp have such a small bioload, there won't be much need to cycle prior to moving them over. Are you going to have a filter on the tank? If so, just pull some filter media from your 29 and add it to the small tank, and you have an instant cycle.

Back
Top Bottom