Auto feeder for filter feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gzeiger

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody know of a commercial product that can be used to automatically dispense a liquid solution for filter feeders? I'm thinking specifically of fairy shrimp, but something designed for brine shrimp or corals would be good.

well they have the brineshirmp hatchers they are between20-40 us dollars depending of how hancy you have i seen one that u keep in a tank and when they grow they will swim out on their own you just need an air pump

The objective is to feed the brine shrimp to adult size so they can be used to feed larger fish. I have a successful colony of redtail fairy shrimp going, but I'm just not able to feed enough to maintain a very useful population density.

That's a pretty good idea actually. The tricky part will be finding a food that will remain suspended in water if left sitting in a bag or bucket like that.

If you wanted to go fancy, use a magnetic stirrer to keep the food suspended and use a gravity feed with an electronic valve on a timer.

Back
Top Bottom