Bad Skimmer (Coralife 65 Super Skimmer)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Forget it this skimmer is tarable. I cant stop the bubbles. its impossible. I tried everything and it wont go away. new sponges and pads and still no improvements. Corallife Super skimmer 65. Heres a picture of a bubble diffuser thats not diffusing the bubbles. It has been doing this for a while. I have 2 get a new skimmer now. What would you guys recommend. Something that dose not put bubbles in the tank, and does a good job skimming.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7774/dsc00203bn3.jpg

Just about every HOB skimmer is going to produce at least some micro-bubbles. An Aqua-C remora w/ an surface skimmer/bubble trap will do a great job at skimming the tank, but will still most likely add some bubbles. Not nearly as much as the picture you posted shows though. If you want the bubbles completly gone, you'll need to add a sump IME, and get the equipment out of the tank.

im tellin ya man, i have that exact same skimmer and it never puts microbubbles in the tank after like 30 minutes. just follow what i said in the last thread

from the photos, i see you have the dial open full bore. id be willing to guess the bubble chaimber on the back (the clear thing) is full of bubbles all the way down to the bottom.

Try adjusting the pump to 3/4 open and then adjust the red nobb for the water going into the cup. give it a couple of days to break in

I have the same skimmer and after much hassle and effort ended up puting the outflow into the wet dry. I had to do a little pvc work. But I could not stand any bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom