Best 48" T5HO under $150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertDweller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know the "cheaper" lights do not compare to the 500 dollar sets but I'm willing to take the risk to save money. If it has a row of LEDs to go along with the dual lights even better.
Am I asking too much? I am going with a planted community tank in my 55 gallon

I love these lights.. I have 5 in different sizes - T5-ho 4ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting ... and there's no risk in going with them. They aren't some cheapo ebay model. I've heard good things about the oddyssea and cataline brands as well, but the fishneedit are the only brand I have experience with other than Current Nova Extremes (which are a little more pricy)

Last edited:
Reactions: HN1
I also seconf the fishneedit fixture. I just got one a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant surprise for the money. :) Much better quality than the odyssea, I have used those as well. Both work but the fishneedit one is better quality without a doubt.

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Aquarium Light Fixtures: Coralife Aqualight HO T-5 Dual Lamp Aquarium Light Fixture

Aquarium HO T5 Florescent Light Fixtures: WavePoint HO T5 Fluorescent 2 Lamp Lighting System

I have a 48" Coralife, love it...however I've had to add an additional single bulb for my heavily planted 46 bow front - running co2. may well be that I'm heavily planted, but good luck. I've always had good luck with products from F/S, a couple of them are right around the $150 mark, hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom