Built In Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

40galreef

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for a built in filter to go inside an existing tank. I need the tank to sit flat against the wall, but I don't want to have to pay for a whole new tank with a corner, or back filter. Please let me know if you can think of anywhere that sales just the filter unit. Thanks!

Try thatpetplace.com they have some and you will get an idea of what your looking for.

The tanks with built in filters are not that good to tell the truth

Most people I know that purchased them ended up cutting them out

A very good internal filter is the eheim 2252 you can add extra models to make it the height of your tank

Its a very good filter

The tanks with built in filters are not that good to tell the truth

Most people I know that purchased them ended up cutting them out

A very good internal filter is the eheim 2252 you can add extra models to make it the height of your tank

Its a very good filter

With that said, what would be the best way to plumb a sump? In order to get it close to flat against the wall

No. Thats how the majority of reef tanks are built. They have an overflow which leads into the sump

ForumRunner_20130704_163131.jpg

That is the overflow which leads into the sump. Its a 1 inch hole on mine (top right of pic)

This is the pipe from the overflow

ForumRunner_20130704_163336.jpg

This is the whole sump. (Old pic)

ForumRunner_20130704_163557.jpg

This is how clear the tank was. I was using a big pump in my 110g. Pushing 1200gph for cleanliness. Right now its set up for 2 oscars and a red eared slidder. Still crystal clear

ForumRunner_20130704_163415.jpg

This is the pipe from the overflow

This is the whole sump. (Old pic)

This is how clear the tank was. I was using a big pump in my 110g. Pushing 1200gph for cleanliness. Right now its set up for 2 oscars and a red eared slidder. Still crystal clear

Thanks! That helps a lot

Back
Top Bottom