can anyone give me some advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havenoclue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I saw an add online for salt water aquarium and because I have never owned
a salt water aquarium wondering if its a good deal or not. Wonder if the equipment it comes with is any good. He is asking 600 dollars Here is what is included

a 90 gallon fish tank aquarium, tetra whisper 100 ( air pump ), Fluval 405 canister filter, lighting, remora c hang on back protein skimmer with a maxi jet 1200, magnet scrubber, korlia hydor 1 powerhead, over 50 lbs of live rock, 2-3 inches of ground cover of aragonite substrate, 300 watts aquaeon submersible heater, mag float aquarium glass cleaner, digital thermomter, 1 three stripe damsel, I will also include, hydromemter, syphon tube, aquarium scrubber, super buffer additive, almost a full container of activated carbon, some , decorations ( 6 fake coral, 2-3 fake plants, a bunch of hermit crab seashells).

Let me know what you think. Otherwise I will wait and buy brand new aquarium keep in mind i'm in canada so the prices are much higher here.

Hi. Alot would depend on the exact lighting. if the lighting isnt up to par then I think it's priced high. I have the remora, that thing is $150US. So it looks marginal just gotta know more about the lights.

Certainly cheaper than buying in stores or online dealerships, but I don't think it's the best craigslist type deal you could find

Thanks for the advice i will keep looking then. If anyone has any suggestions on good place to buy a salt water aquarium in Canada. The aquarium store i went to said it would be about 2200 dollars.

Do you know specifically what the lfs said would be included for $2200? There's prob quite a bit you could shave off that price if you go piece by piece. What size tank did you want? Is the 90g big enough? If you want tangs for instance you need a 6 foot tank which is 125g minimum from what I've seen.

Good luck! let us know if you have any other questions!

If your looking for a tank I would start by seeing if there is a local reef club. They usually have a forum or something and you can find some good deals on there. Also check craigslist. You can usually find good deals on tanks think of that nature there. I would stay away from hang on back equipment and canister filters. I think sumps are the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom