Dual filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WestCoast-Kelly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Fluval internal filter on my new 75g, but a friend suggested that I run a second filter to ensure a nice clean community tank. I put the tank too close to the wall for a HOB, so I was thinking of a simple sponge filter. I have been to two pet shops, and haven't seen any sponge filters at all.

Are they rare? Is there a best place to order from (in Canada), or brand that is best?

Honestly they aren't like a specialty item but they do seem hard to find, ive been in every LFS within an hour of me and only one place has then and they're very expensive there. I'd just order off Amazon, you can get a 4 pack for like $12 usd. I haven't found any brands that are better/worse seeing as they all do the same thing and it's really just a sponge on some plastic Some stick on the tank some sit on the bottom, personal preference. I run 2 of them in betta tanks and they keep them super clear and they're super easy maintenance

Thanks! I found what I needed on Amazon.ca, and my Prime membership is paying for itself. :)

Back
Top Bottom