External filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi im thinking of changing my internal filter for the all ponds solutions external anyone used one of these and would i just add my existing media into the new filter? Any advice would be appreciated as I haven't used an external before. Thank you

All Pond Solutions is made by Sunsun which also turns out Polar Aurora filters. Largest in China made. Amazon rates them at 4 stars and above. I have a Sunsun running now for almost 10 years with no issues. Considering all canister filters have only $20-50 in parts, make no sense to spend hundreds of dollars on plastic parts. What is more important is the media you put in the filter. Should not have any non porous hard media at all. Only use media that has water flow through the entire media all the time and never around it. 10/20 ppi sponge and simple pot scrubbies are the best to use.

Thanks I'm thinking I should run my old filter with the new one for 4 weeks to seed it.
I think the media it comes with is ceramic rings and bio balls. Still not sure what size to go for but I'll probably get the 2000ef.

Thanks I'm thinking I should run my old filter with the new one for 4 weeks to seed it.
I think the media it comes with is ceramic rings and bio balls. Still not sure what size to go for but I'll probably get the 2000ef.
Replace that media with all simple pot scrubbies for 10 times the surface area and full water flow through the media. Will seed in a week.

Back
Top Bottom