Filter recommendations for a 72 bowfront?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I'm trying to plan out equipment/etc. long before I'm ever setting up this 72 gallon bowfront. Predominantly, I plan on stocking rainbowfish, zebra loaches and a few cories, which as far as I'm aware, don't have heavily bioloads.

On my 29 community, I have 1 internal filter, 1 hob, so I don't have any canister filter experience.

I'm interested in trying a canister as I've heard they're much more efficient with moving around larger volumes of water. However, I've also heard horror stories about canisters leaking and flooding... :(

I'd like to try to keep my filter spending lower than or close to $100 as possible. Although I'm not sure if I should just go with an aquaclear as I've heard so many good things about those filters! Although I'm planning on putting this tank against a wall due to its weight.

So far I've been looking at the sunsun 303b, cascade 100, eheim classic 350 or an aquaclear 110.

Any advice, please? Don't wanna fork out a decent amount of money for a non-user-friendly canister.

canisters are great as long as you keep up on them with weekly/bi weekly cleaning ,
I always suggest putting the canister in a small rubbermaid tote in-case it overflows
better safe than sorry

Back
Top Bottom